Palm Frond Hat

Palm Frond Hat

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Collecting leaf sheathes

I was on a scavenger hunt today, collecting Split Leaf Phiodendron sheaths before the Lehigh Basketry Group meeting at the library.

I found small sheaths at the doctor's complex and very large leaf sheaths at the golf course condos. A lady yelled at me. She wanted to know what I was doing? I walked over to her to show her the leaf waste I had collected. I told her that I was teaching a class at the library and needed the leaves.

She said I could have all that trash I wanted, that lots of people rummage through their plants and actually cut or steal them. I have no intention other then to harvest the waste. I told her my name was Eve. She said, I could pick through all of the plants behind the condo too. It was a good day and another person who I educated  about yard waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment